Hacks for peak anxiety
We all have moments when anxiety is higher. When our underlying, day to day tension is high, anxiety peaks can easily become an issue. Here are five simple tips for managing peak anxiety moments.
1. Breathe slowly, with your outbreath longer than the in breath
2. Tap slowly on alternate sides of your body – one tap a second
3. Look up and keep your focus up for several minutes
4. Notice and say out loud 3 things you can see, 3 things you can hear, and 3 things you can physically (not emotionally) feel
5. Take your internal attention down into your feet and your contact with the ground